Moving Right Along After Liver Transplant

Moving Right Along 




It has been so long since I posted that I don’t know where to begin. Changes! A lot of changes happened in the last 12 months. It seems as if I am a totally different person than I was last September. But here I am in the middle of Now with the wisdom that comes from shifting and adjusting… and the joy. Always gratitude and joy.
The Loss
My sister’s unexpected death was like falling into a giant crater. I feel the reverb every day. Losing some of my Hepatitis C family caused even greater shakes along the emotional fault line that was created by liver disease. Then my father-in-law passed. It was a peaceful home-going surrounded by a close-knit family. Frequent visits were a blessing. His love and legacy live on. Our siblings quickly shifted to fill the gaps… and we are guiding each other into the next stage of life.
The Pain
During this time, I was going to yoga school and dealing with that post tibial tendon issue. It morphed into something else that will need a blog of it’s own. My hip got in on the action causing sacroiliac pain. I did physical therapy and increased my yoga, spending countless hours walking with proper form to get me ready for the Transplant Olympic Games in Spain. Hours of silent tears, rejoicing, and Pandora Radio.
The Move
Moving right along…. the farm sold. It happened so fast that the truck was scheduled and our next house was still a work in progress. We sorted items into 2 piles. Keep. Donate.Remember the movie “We Bought a Zoo” where the kid hangs on to his mom’s sweatshirt after she died? (Talk about crying… I was really sick with Hep C when we watched this) We ended up moving with the bare bones of our home…. which was a rambling farm house with lots of nooks and crannies, not to mention outbuildings and tools. Many individuals and organizations profited from our downsize!
We stored some things and rented for 2 months… but wait – during that month, I went to Spain. Oh haha! That’s not a joke. Yessiree! I packed my bag (and cane) in May to make it through August.
The Gold 



The World Games was the most over the top international trip of my life. Being alive with my dear donor was exhilarating – racing, with him giving me life. His voice from heaven joining all those who had gone before me: Keep going!
I was not competitive in the runs or race/walks. But in cycling? Oh my heck! I became the fasted female cyclist in the world in my division! Bam! That’s what I’m talking about!!


The New 
I came home from Spain and the kitchen sink wasn’t in yet, but we were home. Life is taking shape. It’s a very different shape. I am now retired. We are both officing (is that a word?) from home. It’s like every prayer offered, every dream dreamed has begun to unfold and manifest.


So I continue to teach yoga with restorative emphasis. People of all sizes and shapes join me and the classes are so healing for us all. I’m still in PT working on my gait. And I am back at the site. Watch for emails and comments to slowly get answered. I’ll be bopping around on FB….. loving you and talking about a liver loving lifestyle. Xoxo Karen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Treat or Not to Treat